Friday, February 10, 2012

room by room: john deere on crack room

I call this the "John Deere on Crack" room.  The name was actually inspired by my mother-in-law, Cathie.  I saw this color painted in a funky room in a house magazine and just loved it.  Upon the complete of our house and in the midst of our first tour, Cathie exclaimed, "Wow that color is John Deere green.  More like John Deere on crack!"  The name has stuck ever since.



Take a good look at this room everyone, because it is the last time you will see it this way.  This cozy upstairs bedroom will soon becoming our baby's nursery.  I am sad to change it up because this room is actually one of my favorite's in our house.  We filled the room up with odds and ends that we inherited from family members.  The only newly purchased items are the Moroccan style curtains (Anthro... gotta love it!).  As a result of eccentricities, I feel that this room gives off a casual, yet fun vibe for any guest who has had the chance to stay in it.  However, despite the my sadness about losing this cool guest room, I am very excited for the new challenge of making it a space for my little peanut.  Stay tuned for updates as the transformation begins...














1 comment:

  1. That is such a fun room- and I actually love the green. You should keep it for the baby I think!! It is neutral enough and you could make it girly or boyee (if that's a word) with colorful amenities. I love that cabinet chest so much too!!! Good luck with the make over!- Heather

    ReplyDelete