Saturday, November 26, 2011

lulu

My dog, Ella, has me spoiled.  I don't mean to brag, but she is the best dog I've ever had.  Being 10 years old, Ella is calm, obedient (most of the time), and a loving, good friend.  It has been a long time since she was a puppy.  I have forgotten how much work they can be.

My parents made the rash decision to purchase a bulldog puppy this summer.  Tallulah Elizabeth Taylor joined the family in June 2011.  With impeccable breeding, "Lulu", is a model bulldog with perfect markings, a "show" tail, an ugly/cute face, and the typical short, stocky build.  However, despite her regal demeanor, she really can be a little shit.

Like I said, I forgot how much work a puppy can be.  Always chewing on something, begging for food, and jumping up on you when you least expect it.  This past week spent in Texas was full of all these things.  While my mom and my stepdad would go to work, I would be in the house with Lulu.  Whether it was the simple act of sitting on the couch or taking a shower, I could not leisurely enjoy my Thanksgiving vacation without some form of Lulu interference.

Though many of my moments spent with Lulu were in sheer frustration, I will have to say that she grows on gal.  I have come to love her with sisterly affection, despite her negative puppy ways.  I, like the rest of the family, am patiently waiting for the day of maturation... sleeping 16 hours a day and not biting your fingers off.  Until that time, I will cherish her as my newly adopted sister.  Please just don't tell me that we look alike...

Lulu in her first week home
Lulu making herself at home in my luggage last week

No comments:

Post a Comment