Thursday, November 3, 2011

all hallows' eve

I love Halloween.  It is one of my favorite times of year.  For one day, you get to live the life of somebody else.  You can be famous, rich, eccentric, or dead and decrepit.  This Halloween I had huge plans to spend the evening with my husband, carving a pumpkin and watching a scary movie....

Well, we didn't even come close that this year.  Halloween took place on a Monday, which is my least favorite day of the week.  I came home tired and cranky.  In addition to my foul mood, the pumpkin that Adam had purchased for us to carve, was already rotting.  I ended the night by falling asleep at 8:30pm while Adam watched Monday Night Football on the couch (his preferable choice of a Monday evening).  Boo.

Oh well.  There are worse things that could have happened that night.  The important thing is that I have had some pretty rockin' Halloweens and have had opportunities to be some really great characters.  Over the years, I have assumed the identities of a pumpkin, a witch, Marilyn Monroe, a boxer, Tinkerbell, a bumble bee, a genie, and Cameron Diaz from "Something About Mary".  Here are a few photos of my documented events.

Pumpkin - 1983
Tinkerbell and Witch - 2003
Glinda the Good Witch with Posh Spice - 2008
I missed out this year, but I'm not worried about it.  It only gives me more time to plan the perfect Halloween next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment