Sunday, October 9, 2011

monster dash

Yesterday morning, my good friend Breanna and I ran in a 5k to support the Child Advocacy Center, a Lincoln organization that supports children who have been sexually abused.  Both being therapists, we were excited to take part in this event because this is a population of children that we have become familiar with while working in the schools.  The race was cleverly named "Monster Dash" and took place at Roca Berry Farm.

The race began to the honking of a fire truck horn (which scared the crap out of both of us).  The trail was strategically laid out so that we got to run through pumpkin patches, scary props, and rows of corn crops (that one creeped me out a bit).  Breanna and I both agreed that the best part of the run was seeing the sun rise over the beautiful landscaping and vegetation.  This was Breanna's first race to run and she did a phenomenal job!

As usual, I forgot to document our racing adventures so I do not have any pictures to show you.  However, I have added the links for the websites of the Child Advocacy Center and Roca Berry Farm.  Check them out if you are interested.  You can also see pictures from the race under the Child Advocacy Center's facebook page...




Child Advocacy Center
http://www.smvoices.org/

Roca Berry Farm
http://rocaberryfarm.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment