Monday, April 2, 2012

this april ain't for no fools!

I woke up yesterday morning on April Fool's Day and really thought that Mother Nature was playing a joke on me.  Nebraska in April is usually in the 50s and 60s.  Yesterday, the high was 90 degrees.  Whew, that's toasty... for a second I thought I was in Texas.

Anyway, Adam and I were not made fools of on that beautiful April day.  Both of us spent the day working on the baby's nursery and focusing on indoor and outdoor home projects that we have been putting off for a while.  I think we are entering the nesting phase...

I usually love hot weather, and I was thrilled that it was so warm yesterday.  However, when I get in the heat as a very developed pregnant woman, we're talking about another experience all together.  Do you remember those Sumo Wrestler body suits that people used to put on for fun and roll around in at birthday parties?  Well, that's what I feel like now...  kind of puts a damper on your abilities to efficiently nest.  Nevertheless, this beautiful spring weather motivates me and I am going to keep on keeping on (probably very slowly) until Peanut makes his/her appearance.


No comments:

Post a Comment