Thursday, April 26, 2012

june 12 can't get here fast enough...

Ugh... I am so uncomfortable.  At just 33 weeks, I am in for a long road ahead.  There are positives and negatives about having a very active baby.  One positive is that I never have to worry about counting the baby's movements to make sure he/she is okay.  However, a negative side to this is that the baby is moving ALL THE TIME and as he/she grows bigger those movements feel less and less awesome.

It is hard to describe what it feels like when my baby is moving inside of me.  It is not quite painful, although a couple of times the power behind shim's (she + him) movements has caused me to wince in pain.  Nevertheless, most of the time it is sort of like a sensation of butterflies in one's stomach, only intensified.  For example, have you ever ridden on a roller coaster?  You know that first leg of the ride where you go up up up and then more up until you reach the top and shoot straight down?  I always hated that part because it felt like my stomach was dropping out of my body.  Well, that is pretty much what it feels like for me and this happens several times throughout the day.

Seven weeks feels so close to me and yet so far away.  I now understand what women mean when they talk about wanting their baby out of them ASAP.  I know I shouldn't complain because their are so many blessings for me in this whole experience... but, dang Peanut, can you give your mom just a little break?

Last week at 32 weeks

1 comment: