Thursday, March 8, 2012

the realities of pregnancy.

Seeing all the memes on Facebook, despite how annoying some of them were, inspired this blog post.  Before becoming pregnant, I had an unrealistic idea in my head about what it was going to be like.  Though I feel that I was appropriately prepared for some of the aspects of pregnancy, other things caught me completely off guard and all reason and logic went out the window.  So I comically share with you my discoveries of the realities of pregnancy.  I hope you enjoy...

Cravings...

EXPECTATION

healthy fruits and vegetables

REALITY

Sonic's footlong chili cheese coney
AND

sugary, fat-infused donuts

Maternity clothes....

EXPECTATION

Mia's chic style in Rosemary's Baby

REALITY

1980's mumus

What I should feel like...

EXPECTATION

Giselle after a calorie burning workout while 9 mons preggo

REALITY

the mom from What's Eating Gilbert Grape

OR
Jabba the Hut
Comments from people....

EXPECTATION

"Wow Priscilla, I am just basking in your pregnancy glow!"

REALITY

"Wow Priscilla, you are due in June? Are you sure your not expecting twins?"


Planning for baby...

EXPECTATION

Everything just falls into place


REALITY


(Confusion as to how to use all of the baby products and if I need them)











Baby clothes...

EXPECTATION

Precious
Adorable


REALITY



Weird


Blackmail

***Note - I actually think the hamburger and viking? baby costumes are quite funny.  I could see myself putting the kid in those.


Peace of mind...

EXPECTATION



REALITY

I couldn't find a picture to sum up all of my emotions and thoughts so I will just list them out:

  • forgetfulness
  • anxiety
  • elation
  • depression
  • hyperness
  • bitchiness
  • sweetness
  • serenity
  • stressed out
  • protectiveness
  • worries
  • doubts
  • honor
  • tiredness
  • love
  • ... and every other emotion you can feel in the span of 30 minutes!
I am sure I will have more of these to come...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, sweet friend- I so, so hear you. I woke up at 4 this morning thinking about all I need to do. NOT GOOD! But I know you, so I feel certain you are much closer to your "expectations" than your "realities" (except the food thing... I totally understand that one!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priscilla, your child is blessed already to have a mom with your wit, realism and love. You are the very best.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete