Friday, January 13, 2012

farewell to the dublin dr. pepper.

Today was such a sad day as I read the article on MSN stating that due to a law-suit with it's parent company, Dr. Pepper - Snapple, the Dr. Pepper factory in Dublin, Texas would shut down.  I have so many fond memories visiting the factory with my family and enjoying the delicious, desert-like beverage. Adam and I includes this drink in the gift baskets distributed to our wedding guests and that was when my future father-in-law, Tom, became hooked on this beverage's sugar cane flavoring.

A while ago, Tom ordered 20 cases of Dublin Dr. Peppers because he loved them so much.  At the time, we thought he was crazy.  Now, those remaining cases (what's left of what we haven't guzzled) are valuable keepsakes.  Sadly, I must say so long to Dublin Dr. Pepper and covet the precious remaining bottles that I have left :(


No comments:

Post a Comment