Friday, August 3, 2012

otto's songs.

Maybe it's the huge amount of oxytocin pumping through my body by breastfeeding.  Maybe it's the fact that I created another human life.  Maybe I am sappy or crazy.  It is probably all of the above.

Anyway, the point I would like to make is that lately music as been moving me like never before.  It is not just the melodies of songs, which I have always been drawn to, but certain lyrics have been touching me down to my core.  I have been singing to Otto a lot lately.  He seems to like music just as much as me... for now at least.

One of my favorite things to do is sing to him in the morning.  We have a song, you see.  Adam and I don't even have a song, but Otto and I do.  Our song is "Your Song" by Elton John.  Everyday I sing this song to my son and he coos and laughs.  I can see the wheels moving as he is beginning to understand how much he means to me and me to him.  "Your Song" is just one of many that represent how I feel about him.  So, I created a playlist for Otto.

In fourteen years he is probably going to be embarrassed by this playlist.  I hope that one day when he is a father, he will create a playlist for his son or daughter.  So, I will leave you with Otto's songs... songs of motherly love that he is not too embarrassed to listen to with his mama... for now.

Otto's Songs

1.  "Your Song" by Elton John
2.  "Lovely Day" by Bill Withers
3.  "Our House" by Crosby, Stills and Nash
4.  "Oh Heavenly Day" by Patty Griffin
5.  "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" by Michael Jackson (Otto goes nuts when I play this one)
6.  "Return to Pooh Corner" by Kenny Loggins
7.  "Hey Jude" by The Beatles
8.  "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green
9.  "Come's a Time" by Neil Young
10. "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole


No comments:

Post a Comment